from 5 y.o
- A beautiful Arizona ranch where winters are warm, with a pool, sauna and hot tub.
- The trails are in groups of similar ability: relaxing treks for novice riders and more active trails for advanced riders.
- The real "Far West" scenery, with canyons and cactii left and right!
Day 1 1 : EUROPE - TUCSONWhite Stallion RanchFlight to Tucson, AZ. There are currently no direct flights from the UK but you can fly with just one connection. If your flight times allow it, your transfer to the ranch is included from the airport. Dinner and overnight at the Ranch.
Please note you can arrive and depart any day you like, however we advise you arrive on the Sunday, where there is no riding (day off for the horses and wranglers).
Day 2 2 : RANCH - 1-7 hours ridingWhite Stallion RanchFirst day on the ranch, with a relaxing ride to explore the beautiful landscape around the ranch. Non-riders can enjoy the pool, sauna or hot tub. A fitness centre is available; and you can also play tennis, volleyball, basketball, badminton or paddle tennis.
After a busy first day at the Ranch, enjoy a lovely dinner al fresco, and perhaps have a drink around the bonfire.
IMPORTANT : the following itinerary is just an example - the actual itinerary is flexible and will depend on your preferences and those of the group.
Not included: riding lessons in the arena (mandatory for beginner riders who want to ride out), massages, etc.
Day 3 3 : RANCH - 1-7 hours ridingWhite Stallion RanchToday, experienced riders may like to go on a full day ride: you can expect up to 35 km and 7 hours in the saddle! Your lunch will be served in the Saguaro National Park, renowned for its canyons, arid landscape and gigantic cactii. You ride back to the ranch in the afternoon - the pool will surely seem like a very appealing option...
Non-riders can choose to go on a hike. There are many trails around the Ranch.
Dinner and overnight at the Ranch.
Day 4 4 : RANCH - 1-7 hours ridingWhite Stallion RanchAfter a hearty breakfast, get back in the saddle for another beautiful trail ride in the Arizona scenery. You can choose to head towards the mountains, less experienced riders can enjoy a relaxing trek, and advanced riders can go for one of the Ranch's "fast rides" to pick up the pace!
Back to the ranch for lunch. In the afternoon, you may like to go on a sunset "hay ride" (in the summer only and if weather conditions allow), or attend the rodeo organised by the Ranch - team roping, barrel racing... This is Ranch life as it should be!
Day 5 5 : RANCH - 1-7 hours ridingWhite Stallion RanchWhy not discover another part of the wranglers' world today? You can try your hand at team penning, that is very popular in the USA. This team activity consists of separating cattle into different pens. It's fast, fun, and typically Western!
Day 6 6 : RANCH - 1-7 hours ridingWhite Stallion RanchFor those who wish to, the region offers many other activities (not included in your package): abseiling, hot air balloon flights, 4x4 drives, golf, etc.
Day 7 7 : TUCSON - EUROPELast breakfast at the Ranch. Depending on your flight times, transfer to the airport and overnight flight to Europe.
We can also organise an extension to the West - Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Bryce Canyon or Monument Valley. Please contact us for details.
Day 8 8 : EUROPEArrive back in Europe.
Dates & prices
• Price per person based on two riders sharing a standard room. Upgrades to a Deluxe Queen, Deluxe King, or Family Suite are possible. Availability above is based on all room types, if the standard room is not available then a supplement can apply.
• Although you can arrive and depart any day you like, we recommend you stay for a minimum of four nights to enjoy all that is available. Please note there is no riding on Sundays and private transfer fees may apply.
• Groups are made up of 1 to 10 international riders. English speaking guides.
• If you sign up to the ride as a solo rider and there are no other riders likely to share your room, you will be charged a single room supplement. You will then be reimbursed if a sharer is found for you at a later date.
Single supplement 2020 (based on a standard room):
£215 from Jan 2 - Feb 15
£140 from Feb 16 - April 18
£215 from April 19 - June 13
£240 from June 14 - Sept 26
£215 from Sept 27 - Dec 12
£140 from Dec 13 - Jan 12, 2021
Single supplement 2021 (based on a standard room):
$255/€230/£200 from Jan 2 - Feb 13
$165/€150/£130 from Feb 14 - April 17
$250/€225/$195 from April 18 to June 12
$300/€270/£240 from June 13 to Sept. 25
$255/€230/£205 from Sept. 26 to Dec 18
$165/€150/£130 from Dec 19 to Jan 01 2022
• Transfers from Tucson are included for stays of 4+ nights. For shorter stays, this is payable at $25/€23/£20 per person each way.
• Children under 5 year old are welcome free of charge. Please note they need to be over 5 to ride off the lead rope.
• Taxes and gratuities are included.
• An electronic travel authorisation (ESTA) is required to enter the USA. It is your responsibility to organise this. Please visit https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/ and contact us if you need help.
• Please note that beginner riders will be asked to have a lesson in the arena before they are allowed out on the trails. This lesson is not included and is $20 for one hour.
The itinerary may be modified at anytime for security reasons, meteorological or events beyond our control such as blocked roads, rivers in flood, drought, strikes and local holidays. Equus Journeys, our local partners and their local guides will always strive to find the best solution and will alter the itinerary as needed.
The names of the hotels and accommodation are given for information only and depending on availability, they may be modified without notice and replaced by another of a similar standard.
Coffee and tea, lemonade, iced tea
Price doesn't include
Visa fees (ESTA fee)
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 19/09/2021 26/09/2021 £965 €1,136 $1,322 Open Book now 26/09/2021 03/10/2021 £1,250 €1,472 $1,713 Open Book now 03/10/2021 10/10/2021 £1,250 €1,472 $1,713 Open Book now 10/10/2021 17/10/2021 £1,250 €1,472 $1,713 Full 17/10/2021 24/10/2021 £1,250 €1,472 $1,713 Open Book now 24/10/2021 31/10/2021 £1,250 €1,472 $1,713 Open Book now 31/10/2021 07/11/2021 £1,250 €1,472 $1,713 Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 07/11/2021 14/11/2021 £1,250 €1,472 $1,713 Full 14/11/2021 21/11/2021 £1,250 €1,472 $1,713 Full 21/11/2021 28/11/2021 £1,250 €1,472 $1,713 Full 28/11/2021 05/12/2021 £1,250 €1,472 $1,713 Open Book now 05/12/2021 12/12/2021 £1,250 €1,472 $1,713 Open Book now 12/12/2021 19/12/2021 £1,250 €1,472 $1,713 Open Book now 19/12/2021 26/12/2021 £1,510 €1,778 $2,069 Open Book now 26/12/2021 02/01/2022 £1,510 €1,778 $2,069 Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 02/01/2022 09/01/2022 £1,510 €1,778 $2,069 Open Book now 09/01/2022 16/01/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 16/01/2022 23/01/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 23/01/2022 30/01/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Full 30/01/2022 06/02/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 06/02/2022 13/02/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 13/02/2022 20/02/2022 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now 20/02/2022 27/02/2022 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now 27/02/2022 06/03/2022 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 06/03/2022 13/03/2022 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now 13/03/2022 20/03/2022 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now 20/03/2022 27/03/2022 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now 27/03/2022 03/04/2022 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now 03/04/2022 10/04/2022 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now 10/04/2022 17/04/2022 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now 17/04/2022 24/04/2022 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now 24/04/2022 01/05/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 01/05/2022 08/05/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 08/05/2022 15/05/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 15/05/2022 22/05/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 22/05/2022 29/05/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 29/05/2022 05/06/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 05/06/2022 12/06/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 12/06/2022 19/06/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 19/06/2022 26/06/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 26/06/2022 03/07/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 03/07/2022 10/07/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 10/07/2022 17/07/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 17/07/2022 24/07/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 24/07/2022 31/07/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 31/07/2022 07/08/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 07/08/2022 14/08/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 14/08/2022 21/08/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 21/08/2022 28/08/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 28/08/2022 04/09/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 04/09/2022 11/09/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 11/09/2022 18/09/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 18/09/2022 25/09/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 25/09/2022 02/10/2022 £995 €1,172 $1,363 Open Book now 02/10/2022 09/10/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 09/10/2022 16/10/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 16/10/2022 23/10/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 23/10/2022 30/10/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 30/10/2022 06/11/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 06/11/2022 13/11/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 13/11/2022 20/11/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 20/11/2022 27/11/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 27/11/2022 04/12/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 04/12/2022 11/12/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 11/12/2022 18/12/2022 £1,290 €1,519 $1,767 Open Book now 18/12/2022 25/12/2022 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now 25/12/2022 01/01/2023 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 01/01/2023 08/01/2023 £1,550 €1,825 $2,124 Open Book now
Minimum riding ability
Minimum riding ability
Please note that beginner riders will be asked to have a lesson in the arena before they are allowed out on the trails. This lesson is not included and is $20 for one hour.
Rider weight limit: 115 kg, 18st, 250 lbs.
Tacking ability and participation
Trip conditions and Requested experience
We recommend our riders to wear a helmet to the correct standard and you should bring your own to ensure a proper fit.
Lunch is salads, sandwiches, biscuits and fresh fruit.
Dinner is usually family style with a BBQ and an assortment of sides and desserts.
A buffet with snacks and drinks (hot drink/lemonade) is available during the day.
All meals are taken at the ranch except on full day rides (picnic lunch).
Guide and local team
It's also considered 'good manners' to leave a 1 to 2$ supplementary tip to taxi drivers.
Regarding tips made to the team at the ranch, it is customary to give them to the lead cowboy who will then share it out amongst the rest of the team.
-Equus Journeys strongly recommend that you wear a riding helmet and that you take your own to ensure a correct fit.
- Sunhat for when not riding
- Sunglasses - with a cord attached so they don't fly off when riding
- Buff or bandana
- Long sleeved shirts provide protection from the sun
- Fleece, jumper or jacket - the evenings can be cold
- Waterproof jacket - the rains can be difficult to foresee in the summer and it's better to be prepared. Please do not bring ponchos.
- Casual clothes for the evening
- Lightweight, comfortable riding trousers or jodhpurs - we recommend riding in them at home before taking them on holiday to ensure they don't rub
- Casual clothes for the evening
Hands and Feet
- Comfortable riding boots. We recommend short boots with half chaps but you may wish to take long chaps to protect against thorns. We don't recommend taking your favourite long leather boots in case they get damaged.
- Sandals, flip-flops or trainers
- Gloves - your hands are particularly exposed to the sun whilst riding
In your hold luggage
- Any liquids, such as shampoo, moisturiser, deodorant unless they are less than 100ml and all bottles can fit in a small, clear, plastic ziplock bag. We recommend biodegradable washing products where possible.
- Swiss army knife (or equivalent)
In your hand luggage
- Any valuables, such as your camera, ipod, ipad etc.
- We recommend travelling in your riding boots and carrying your hat and some riding clothes in your hand luggage - then if your luggage goes astray you are still able to ride!
Other useful items
- Water bottle.
- Camera and high capacity memory card. Spare battery
- Bumbag for carrying your camera and small items whilst riding
-Insect bite relief cream
- Any medication you regularly take
- Sunscreen and lip balm - should be high factor
- Insect repellent, preferably containing deet
- Blister plasters in case of any rubs
- Antiseptic cream, plasters, aspirin, anti-histamine, insect-bite salve etc...
- Spare prescription glasses/contact lenses
- Eye drops
- Imodium or similar anti-diarrhoea medication
- Re-hydration sachets
- Water purification tablets
- Antiseptic wipes
- Handwash gel
- We recommend taking a copy of your passport and insurance documents with you in case you lose your originals
- You may wish to take some photographs or postcards of your home with you to show your hosts.
- If you prefer travelling in a "light way" please choose a biodegradable soap or washing powder/liquid.
-Please take your used batteries, aerosols etc back home and dispose of them appropriately. Try to leave excess packaging material at home before travelling.
Visa & Health
You’ll need prior authorisation to enter the United States using a British passport, either through a visa, a Permanent Resident Card, or the Visa Waiver Programme. To enter the United States of America, a passport valid for the duration of stay is required by Australian, British, Canadian and other EU nationals.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS - VISA WAIVER PROGRAMME
Most passport holders can get an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) through the Visa Waiver Programme, which allows travel to the US for up to 90 days. Visit the official US website to apply for your ESTA: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/
All travellers entering the USA under the Visa Waiver Program require individual machine-readable passports. Children included on a parent's passport also require their own machine-readable passport. Travellers not in possession of machine-readable passports require a valid USA entry visa.
UK Emergency Travel Documents (ETDs) aren’t valid for entry into the United States or transit through the United States under the Visa Waiver Programme; if you’re planning to enter or transit through the US using an ETD you must apply for a visa from the nearest US embassy or consulate before you travel, or hold a valid lawful permanent resident card (often referred to as a ‘green card’), which you must have with you on arrival; you can leave the US using an ETD that has been issued in the United States
Visitors to the USA travelling under the Visa Waiver Program must obtain authorisation from the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), a fully automated, electronic system for screening passengers before they begin travel to the USA, if arriving by air or sea. It is recommended that applications are made at least 72 hours prior to travel but you may apply at any time prior to travel. Airlines must now deny check-in to passengers without a valid ESTA. There is a US$14 fee. An ESTA is valid for two years, so if you've applied for one previously, ensure it's still valid.
When applying for ESTA-authorisation and entering the passport number, the number 0 must not be replaced by letter O as this can lead to problems upon entering the USA. The granting of an ESTA does not guarantee entry to the USA. Canadian citizens do not require an ESTA, but permanent residents of Canada who are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program must obtain one.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS - VISAS
If you don’t qualify for entry under the VWP, and don’t have a US Permanent Resident Card, you should apply for a visa from the nearest US Embassy or Consulate before travelling.
Holders of UK passports with the endorsement British Subject, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Protected Person, British Overseas Citizen or British National (Overseas) Citizen do not qualify for the Visa Waiver Program and need to obtain a visa.
Travelers in the following categories are no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP):
- Nationals of VWP countries who have traveled to or been present in Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia and Yemen on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited exceptions for travel for diplomatic or military purposes in the service of a VWP country).
- Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR TRAVELERS TRANSITING THROUGH CANADA
If you are travelling to the USA visa Canada, please remember you also need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), mandatory for anyone transiting through Canada. Completing ESTA formalities do not replace your eTA.
Addresses of consulates
- Paris | Ambassade des Etats-Unis
2, avenue Gabriel
Tél. : 01.43.12.22.22
- Ambassade de France aux Etats-Unis
4101 Reservoir Road, N.W.
20007 Washington D.C.
Tél. : +1 (202) 944 60 00
- US Embassy
24 Grosvenor Square
W1A 2LQ London
Tél. : 020 7499-9000
Travel insurance that provides medical coverage is a requirement for visitors to the US. Only emergency cases are treated without prior payment and treatment may be refused without evidence of insurance or a deposit. All receipts for services rendered must be kept in order to make a claim. Medical care in the United States tends to be quite expensive, especially for emergency treatment provided in hospital settings, paid for out of pocket.
Budget and money
Most major credit cards are accepted throughout the USA, including American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and Visa. Visitors are advised to carry at least one major credit card, as it is common to request pre-payment or a credit card imprint for hotel rooms and car hire, even when final payment is not by credit card. Be sure to check with your card issuer for current surcharge rates imposed for use of the card outside your home country. You should also inform your issuer that you are travelling for a specified period so your card is not flagged or temporarily suspended.
Bank-issued debit cards are accepted at many businesses in the US; however, using them to pay for many travel-related expenses, such as car hire and hotel rooms, often incurs a surcharge, deposit, or a hold on your account.
Telephone and jetlag
The country stradles a number of different time zones. Eastern Daylight time (eg. New York) is GMT -4. Mountain Daylight time (eg. Montana) is GMT -6. Pacific Daylight time (eg. California) is GMT -7.
Did you know?
Did you know?
penning and ranch sorting are sport
events that involves moving cattle on horseback by riders teams. In penning,
teams of three horses and riders combine their athleticism, horsemanship and
general cowiness to humanely separate particular cows and herd them into the
penning area in under 60 seconds.
In just a few seconds the most skilled horses and riders need to find their
specific cow, and separate it from the herd without ever touching the animal.
Penning and Sorting offer the participants the opportunity to incorporate all
of their working cow horse skills in a fast-paced, fun team-orientated
competition while embracing their western roots.