from 5 y.o
- A beautiful Arizona ranch where winters are warm, with a pool, sauna and hot tub.
- The trails are in groups of similar ability: relaxing treks for novice riders and more active trails for advanced riders.
- The real "Far West" scenery, with canyons and cactii left and right!
Day 1 1 : EUROPE - TUCSONWhite Stallion RanchFlight to Tucson, AZ. There are currently no direct flights from the UK but you can fly with just one connection. If your flight times allow it, your transfer to the ranch is included from the airport. Dinner and overnight at the Ranch.
Please note you can arrive and depart any day you like, however we advise you arrive on the Sunday, where there is no riding (day off for the horses and wranglers).
Day 2 2 : RANCH - 1-7 hours ridingWhite Stallion RanchFirst day on the ranch, with a relaxing ride to explore the beautiful landscape around the ranch. Non-riders can enjoy the pool, sauna or hot tub. A fitness centre is available; and you can also play tennis, volleyball, basketball, badminton or paddle tennis, or rent e-bikes.
After a busy first day at the Ranch, enjoy a lovely dinner al fresco, and perhaps have a drink around the bonfire.
IMPORTANT : the following itinerary is just an example - the actual itinerary is flexible and will depend on your preferences and those of the group.
Not included: riding lessons in the arena (mandatory for beginner riders who want to ride out), massages, etc.
Day 3 3 : RANCH - 1-7 hours ridingWhite Stallion RanchToday, experienced riders may like to go on a full day ride: you can expect up to 35 km and 7 hours in the saddle! Your lunch will be served in the Saguaro National Park, renowned for its canyons, arid landscape and gigantic cactii. You ride back to the ranch in the afternoon - the pool will surely seem like a very appealing option...
Non-riders can choose to go on a hike. There are many trails around the Ranch.
Dinner and overnight at the Ranch.
Day 4 4 : RANCH - 1-7 hours ridingWhite Stallion RanchAfter a hearty breakfast, get back in the saddle for another beautiful trail ride in the Arizona scenery. You can choose to head towards the mountains, less experienced riders can enjoy a relaxing trek, and advanced riders can go for one of the Ranch's "fast rides" to pick up the pace!
Back to the ranch for lunch. In the afternoon, you may like to go on a sunset "hay ride" (in the summer only and if weather conditions allow), or attend the rodeo organised by the Ranch - team roping, barrel racing... This is Ranch life as it should be!
Day 5 5 : RANCH - 1-7 hours ridingWhite Stallion RanchWhy not discover another part of the wranglers' world today? You can try your hand at team penning, that is very popular in the USA. This team activity consists of separating cattle into different pens. It's fast, fun, and typically Western!
Day 6 6 : RANCH - 1-7 hours ridingWhite Stallion RanchFor those who wish to, the region offers many other activities (not included in your package): abseiling, hot air balloon flights, 4x4 drives, golf, etc.
Day 7 7 : TUCSON - EUROPELast breakfast at the Ranch. Depending on your flight times, transfer to the airport and overnight flight to Europe.
We can also organise an extension to the West - Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Bryce Canyon or Monument Valley. Please contact us for details.
Day 8 8 : EUROPEArrive back in Europe.
Dates & prices
• Price per person based on two riders sharing a standard room. Upgrades to a Deluxe Queen, Deluxe King, or Family Suite are possible. Availability above is based on all room types, if the standard room is not available then a supplement can apply.
• Although you can arrive and depart any day you like, we recommend you stay for a minimum of four nights to enjoy all that is available. Please note there is no riding on Sundays and private transfer fees may apply.
• Groups are made up of 1 to 10 international riders. English speaking guides.
• If you sign up to the ride as a solo rider and there are no other riders likely to share your room, you will be charged a single room supplement. You will then be reimbursed if a sharer is found for you at a later date.
Single supplement, standard room (2023)
€270/£240/$290 from 02/01 to 10/02, 23/04 to 09/06, 01/10 to 15/12/2023
€190/£170/$200 from 12/02 to 21/04
€330/£290/$350 from 11/06 to 29/09
Single supplement, standard room (2024)
€285/£250/$300 from 02/01 to 09/02/2024
€195/£170/$210 from 11/02 to 22/04/2024
€250/£210/$270 from 23/04 to 10/06/2024
€300/£250/$325 from 11/06 to 30/09/2024
€250/£210/$270 from 1/10 to 16/12/2024
€170/£145/$187 from 17/06/2024
• Transfers from Tucson are included for stays of 4+ nights. For shorter stays, this is payable at $25/€23/£20 per person each way.
• Children under 5 year old are welcome free of charge. Please note they need to be over 5 to ride off the lead rope.
• Taxes and gratuities are included.
• An electronic travel authorisation (ESTA) is required to enter the USA. It is your responsibility to organise this. Please visit https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/ and contact us if you need help.
• Please note that beginner riders will be asked to have a lesson in the arena before they are allowed out on the trails. This lesson is not included and is $20 for one hour.
The itinerary may be modified at anytime for security reasons, meteorological or events beyond our control such as blocked roads, rivers in flood, drought, strikes and local holidays. Equus Journeys, our local partners and their local guides will always strive to find the best solution and will alter the itinerary as needed.
The names of the hotels and accommodation are given for information only and depending on availability, they may be modified without notice and replaced by another of a similar standard.
Coffee and tea, lemonade, iced tea
Price doesn't include
Visa fees (ESTA fee)
Departure Return Price without flights Status 10/12/2023 17/12/2023 £1,670 €1,887 $2,071Open Contact an advisor 17/12/2023 24/12/2023 £1,950 €2,204 $2,418Open Book now 24/12/2023 31/12/2023 £1,950 €2,204 $2,418Open Book now 31/12/2023 07/01/2024 £1,950 €2,204 $2,418Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Status 07/01/2024 14/01/2024 £1,580 €1,817 $1,959Open Book now 14/01/2024 21/01/2024 £1,580 €1,817 $1,959Open Book now 21/01/2024 28/01/2024 £1,580 €1,817 $1,959Open Book now 28/01/2024 04/02/2024 £1,580 €1,817 $1,959Open Book now 04/02/2024 11/02/2024 £1,580 €1,817 $1,959Open Book now 11/02/2024 18/02/2024 £1,880 €2,162 $2,331Open Book now 18/02/2024 25/02/2024 £1,880 €2,162 $2,331Open Book now 25/02/2024 03/03/2024 £1,880 €2,162 $2,331Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Status 03/03/2024 10/03/2024 £1,880 €2,162 $2,331Open Book now 10/03/2024 17/03/2024 £1,880 €2,162 $2,331Open Book now 17/03/2024 24/03/2024 £1,880 €2,162 $2,331Open Book now 24/03/2024 31/03/2024 £1,880 €2,162 $2,331Open Book now 31/03/2024 07/04/2024 £1,880 €2,162 $2,331Open Book now 07/04/2024 14/04/2024 £1,880 €2,162 $2,331Open Book now 14/04/2024 21/04/2024 £1,880 €2,162 $2,331Open Book now 21/04/2024 28/04/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 28/04/2024 05/05/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Status 05/05/2024 12/05/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Full 12/05/2024 19/05/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Full 19/05/2024 26/05/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 26/05/2024 02/06/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 02/06/2024 09/06/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 09/06/2024 16/06/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 16/06/2024 23/06/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 23/06/2024 30/06/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 30/06/2024 07/07/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Status 07/07/2024 14/07/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 14/07/2024 21/07/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 21/07/2024 28/07/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 28/07/2024 04/08/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 04/08/2024 11/08/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 11/08/2024 18/08/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 18/08/2024 25/08/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 25/08/2024 01/09/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Status 01/09/2024 08/09/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 08/09/2024 15/09/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 15/09/2024 22/09/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 22/09/2024 29/09/2024 £1,170 €1,346 $1,451Open Book now 29/09/2024 06/10/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 06/10/2024 13/10/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 13/10/2024 20/10/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 20/10/2024 27/10/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 27/10/2024 03/11/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now
Departure Return Price without flights Status 03/11/2024 10/11/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 10/11/2024 17/11/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 17/11/2024 24/11/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 24/11/2024 01/12/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 01/12/2024 08/12/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 08/12/2024 15/12/2024 £1,530 €1,760 $1,897Open Book now 15/12/2024 22/12/2024 £1,940 €2,231 $2,406Open Book now 22/12/2024 29/12/2024 £1,940 €2,231 $2,406Open Book now
Guide & local team
Minimum riding ability
Minimum riding ability
Please note that beginner riders will be asked to have a lesson in the arena before they are allowed out on the trails. This lesson is not included and is $20 for one hour.
Rider weight limit: 115 kg, 18st, 250 lbs.
Tacking ability and participation
Trip conditions and Requested experience
We recommend our riders to wear a helmet to the correct standard and you should bring your own to ensure a proper fit.
Lunch is salads, sandwiches, biscuits and fresh fruit.
Dinner is usually family style with a BBQ or buffet and an assortment of sides and desserts.
A buffet with snacks and drinks (hot drink/lemonade) is available during the day.
All meals are taken at the ranch except on full day rides (picnic lunch).
It's also considered 'good manners' to leave a 1 to 2$ supplementary tip to taxi drivers.
Regarding tips made to the team at the ranch, it is customary to give them to the lead cowboy who will then share it out amongst the rest of the team.
-Equus Journeys strongly recommend that you wear a riding helmet and that you take your own to ensure a correct fit.
- Sunhat for when not riding
- Sunglasses - with a cord attached so they don't fly off when riding
- Buff or bandana
- Long sleeved shirts provide protection from the sun
- Fleece, jumper or jacket - the evenings can be cold
- Waterproof jacket - the rains can be difficult to foresee in the summer and it's better to be prepared. Please do not bring ponchos.
- Casual clothes for the evening
- Lightweight, comfortable riding trousers or jodhpurs - we recommend riding in them at home before taking them on holiday to ensure they don't rub
- Casual clothes for the evening
Hands and Feet
- Comfortable riding boots. We recommend short boots with half chaps but you may wish to take long chaps to protect against thorns. We don't recommend taking your favourite long leather boots in case they get damaged.
- Sandals, flip-flops or trainers
- Gloves - your hands are particularly exposed to the sun whilst riding
In your hold luggage
- Any liquids, such as shampoo, moisturiser, deodorant unless they are less than 100ml and all bottles can fit in a small, clear, plastic ziplock bag. We recommend biodegradable washing products where possible.
- Swiss army knife (or equivalent)
In your hand luggage
- Any valuables, such as your camera, ipod, ipad etc.
- We recommend travelling in your riding boots and carrying your hat and some riding clothes in your hand luggage - then if your luggage goes astray you are still able to ride!
Other useful items
- Water bottle.
- Camera and high capacity memory card. Spare battery
- Bumbag for carrying your camera and small items whilst riding
-Insect bite relief cream
- Any medication you regularly take
- Sunscreen and lip balm - should be high factor
- Insect repellent, preferably containing deet
- Blister plasters in case of any rubs
- Antiseptic cream, plasters, aspirin, anti-histamine, insect-bite salve etc...
- Spare prescription glasses/contact lenses
- Eye drops
- Imodium or similar anti-diarrhoea medication
- Re-hydration sachets
- Water purification tablets
- Antiseptic wipes
- Handwash gel
- We recommend taking a copy of your passport and insurance documents with you in case you lose your originals
- You may wish to take some photographs or postcards of your home with you to show your hosts.
- If you prefer travelling in a "light way" please choose a biodegradable soap or washing powder/liquid.
-Please take your used batteries, aerosols etc back home and dispose of them appropriately. Try to leave excess packaging material at home before travelling.
- Travel light. It's a little known fact, but the lighter you pack, the better for the environment as heavy bags will produce higher emissions (when flying a plane or driving a car!).
- Reduce plastic waste. Take your favorite reusable bottle with you. Avoid single-use bags, cups, or straws.
- Preserve nature. Always take your rubbish with you during the ride and recycle them. Leave all the flowers or plants as you found them, and never get too close when observing wildlife. Make sure to use eco-friendly products such as body wash or laundry detergent (if camping) to protect both your skin and the environment.
- Choose your experiences carefully. Respect animal life by not participating in any activities that abuse wild animals (shows, elephant rides, etc.).
- Support local populations. Buy local handicrafts, be respectful of customs, and learn about the culture of local communities.
- Share! Raise awareness among your family and friends about sustainable tourism.
Did you know?
Did you know?
penning and ranch sorting are sport
events that involves moving cattle on horseback by riders teams. In penning,
teams of three horses and riders combine their athleticism, horsemanship and
general cowiness to humanely separate particular cows and herd them into the
penning area in under 60 seconds.
In just a few seconds the most skilled horses and riders need to find their
specific cow, and separate it from the herd without ever touching the animal.
Penning and Sorting offer the participants the opportunity to incorporate all
of their working cow horse skills in a fast-paced, fun team-orientated
competition while embracing their western roots.