Built for the Baron Botho zu Eulenburg in 1589, the Palace today remains a rare example of Renaissance architecture, one of the best-preserved in the area of old Prussia. Each of the 36 rooms in the Grange and Palace is different. The accommodation is normally in the Grange, which is closer to the stables, but Palace rooms can be requested.
Free WiFi is available.
Free parking on-site.
The food at Galiny Palace focuses on the freshness and quality of its ingredient, whilst celebrating the culinary traditions of the local Warmia and Masuria region. Ingredients are locally-sources or grown in their own garden.
Specialities include cabbage rolls stuffed with buckwheat, lamb dumplings, Ukrainian borscht, lamb confit in a wine-thyme sauce, potato dumplings, roast duck, and more.
Non-alcoholic drinks are included at meal times, and can be ordered at an extra charge during the day (coffee, tea, juice and beer).
Vegetarian meals and allergies can be accommodated, please contact us with your requirements.
The climate in Poland is continental, with very cold winters, often below freezing, and warm summers. June, July and August can be quite hot, September and October being dry and cooler. Galiny is located along the northern coast, where the climate is milder, but you should expect snow from December to February (thankfully, one of the indoor schools is heated!).
Guide and local team
The instructors at Galiny are Patrycja (lead instructor), Maja and Anita. They have all been instructing for a number of year and are experienced teaching all sorts of riders. Patrycja and Maja speak good English and are used to instructing international riders.
Tips are not mandatory but very welcome if you are pleased with the service provided.
- A riding helmet is mandatory and we recommend that you take your own to ensure a correct fit. Helmet makers (GPA, HKM, LAS Helmets, Lamicell, Troxel, Equithème) now offer horse-riding helmets that are ventilated, strong, light and comfortable.
- Sunglasses - with a cord attached so they don't fly off when riding
- Long sleeved shirts provide protection from the sun or extra warmth
- Lightweight fleece or jumper
- Rain jacket
- Lightweight, comfortable riding trousers or jodhpurs - we recommend riding in them at home before taking them on holiday to ensure they don't rub
- Casual clothes for the evenings (jeans or walking trousers)
- Non-irritant cotton or synthetic underwear
Hands and Feet
- Comfortable riding boots.
- Lightweight shoes for the evenings
- Several pairs of warm socks
- Gloves - your hands are particularly exposed to the sun, wind or rain whilst riding
Other useful items
- Water bottle (1.5 litres or 2 equivalent)
- Ear plugs (may be useful)
- Camera and high capacity memory card. Spare battery
Make sure any allergies (to medication or otherwise) and clearly stated in your medical kit
- Any medication you regularly take
- Imodium or similar anti-diarrhea medication
- Sunscreen and lip balm - should be high factor
- Eye drops
- Hydrating/ soothing cream
- Blister plasters in case of any rubs
- Antiseptic cream, plasters, aspirin, anti-histamine, insect-bite salve etc..
- 10cm wide bandage
- Spare prescription glasses/contact lenses
- Handwash gel
- Backpacks cannot be worn whilst riding. We recommend a small bumbag or a coat with pockets so that you can carry small items with you during the day (camera, sunscreen, lip balm etc)
- A soothing cream may be useful to treat areas irritated by long hours in the saddle
- We recommend travelling in your riding boots and carrying your hat and some riding clothes in your hand luggage - then if your luggage goes astray you are still able to ride!
- Keep a copy of your passport and insurance details with you.
In your hold luggage
- Any liquids, such as shampoo, moisturiser, deodorant over 100 ml and all bottles can be decanted into small, clear, plastic Ziplock bags. We recommend biodegradable washing products where possible.
- We recommend taking a copy of your passport and insurance documents with you in case you lose your originals
- In your hand luggage carry any valuables, such as your camera, ipod, ipad etc.