Arrange your next riding holiday with peace of mind… Travel with Equus Journeys!
Despite the current travel restrictions, we are pleased to still be able to send many of you on riding holidays and equestrian adventures, either close to home or across the world. Whether you are looking for a last-minute getaway or planning the trip of a lifetime, please know that you can book your riding holiday with Equus Journeys with peace of mind.
If you are not able to travel because of strict travel restrictions* - i.e. border closures or local quarantine - you will be able to postpone your horseback holiday or choose a new destination. If there are no suitable alternatives, you can request a refund instead.
In addition, many travel insurers nowadays offer coverage should you test positive before departure or during your trip. This provides an additional layer of protection and reassurance.
* Please note – proof of vaccination and PCR tests may be required to travel. Those are widely accepted and are not considered to be travel restrictions. If you cannot travel because you do not wish to comply with these regulations or cannot travel for personal reasons/illness, then our general booking conditions apply and your travel insurance will take over.
- Travel advice and expertise: Our team members have been in the industry for years. We are all riders or horse owners, and avid travellers ourselves. Our goal is to make sure you choose the right horse holiday, trail ride, ranch vacation or riding safari based on your riding experience and expectations. We remain in close contact with our local partners and operators and receive daily updates on travel restrictions from the Foreign Office. We will make sure that it is safe for you to travel and send you detailed information on travel requirements before you go.
- Transparency: Should we feel that your holiday may not go ahead, based on governmental travel advice, we will talk to you about your options. Depending on your departure date, the wisest solution may be to wait it out and see how the situation evolves. Closer to your date of travel, and if things have not improved, we will look into alternatives such as postponing or cancelling your holiday.
- Before you even confirm your booking, our team will give you reliable and updated information on your destination: current travel restrictions, local testing options and costs, etc.
- You are free to book your own flights, or we can book those for you on request. We will make sure that we only offer flights through dependable airlines that offer flexible rebooking policies.
- About 10 days before departure, your travel agent will send you your “travel document” providing detailed information on meeting points and contact details, as well as travel requirements.
- We will stay in touch with you until your departure day and inform you of any potential changes before you go.
During your trip:
- In your travel document, you will find contact details should you need to contact your horseback guide or driver on arrival. We also have an Equus 24/7 emergency phone, so you are never really on your own!
- We can help arrange PCR/antigen tests should you need to get tested at the end of your trip and before your flight home.
Our agents keep travelling around the world to test out new destinations: we know from experience that travelling is not always as difficult as it may sound. We are always happy to advise and share our own tips and advice with you. Trust us - in a few years, you will not remember the red tape, but the memories and new friends made during your riding holiday, the exhilarating feeling of freedom, and the chance to help support small businesses and local economies.
If you have any questions about the above policy or would like us to help arrange your next riding holiday, ranch vacation or horseback safari, please contact us on email@example.com or give us a call at +44 (0)1905 388 977.
The Equus Journeys team