Accommodation is normally in the Lodge, located close to the stables, with very comfortable and tastefully-decorated rooms. Upgrades to the Castle are available, please contact us.
Self-catering cottages are also available for groups or families at a very interesting rate.
Breakfast: full Irish or continental
Dinner: two-course meals at Conor's bar or one one course meal in Snaffles restaurant.
The weather in Ireland is similar to that in the rest of the British Isles, although it is more likely to rain. You should always be prepared with a good quality raincoat and dress in layers as you might enjoy a glorious sunny day followed by one which is rather more wet and cold.
Guide and local team
All the instructors at Castle Leslie are all fully qualified and BHS approved.
Tips are not mandatory but very welcome if you are pleased with the service provided.
- Helmets are mandatory. Your riding hat must comply with the official regulations (fixed peaks are not acceptable when cross-country jumping).
- The weather can be unpredictable in Ireland so we recommend bringing tops you can wear in layers, T-shirts, sweatshirts and vests etc.
- Body protector
- Half or long-sleeved cotton shirts (to provide protection from the sun) or T-shirt in a quick-drying material
- A light raincoat that you are comfortable in
- A lightweight fleece or jumper
- A swimsuit
- 2 pairs of jodhpurs or riding trousers
- 1-2 pairs of trousers suitable for dinner at the Conor's bar
- Cotton or synthetic underwear (non-irritant)
Hands and feet
- Short jodhpur boots and half chaps are the best option as they are much cooler and easier to transport, but if you are used to riding in your long boots and want to wear them this is fine.
- Lightweight shoes for the evenings
- Several pairs of socks
Other useful items
- Small medical kit
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Insect repellent
- Any medication you regularly take
- Blister plasters in case of any rubs
- Antiseptic cream, plasters, aspirin, anti-histamine, insect-bite salve etc..
- We recommend taking a copy of your passport and insurance documents with you in case you lose your originals
- Any liquids in your hold luggage, such as shampoo, moisturizer, over 100ml should be decanted into small, clear, plastic ziplock bag. We recommend biodegradable washing products where possible.
- In your hand luggage take any valuables, such as your camera, ipod, ipad etc.
- Travelling in your boots/ hiking shoes and carrying your hat and some riding clothes in you hand luggage is highly recommended - then if your luggage goes astray you are still able to ride!