from 3 y.o
From the horse’s mouth
- Take a break from the hustle and bustle in a relaxing environment, between the Anti Atlas and the Atlantic
- The beach is only a 10 min walk, with exceptional gallops guaranteed!
- Enjoy the excellent Moroccan gastronomy in a traditional and relaxed environment
Day 1 1 - UK - AGADIR - SIDI BOU LFDAILRANCHUpon your arrival at Agadir airport (flight not included), a member of the team will be waiting for you to drive you to the Ranch.
After enjoying a cup of the traditional "thé à la menthe" (sweet mint tea) with the team, you are welcome to say hi to the horses before settling into your room. Depending on your arrival time, there might be time for a short riding lesson or ride in the surrounding area.
Return to the ranch for dinner and a delicious traditional meal.
Day 2 2 - ON THE RANCH - 4-5 hours ridingRANCHAfter breakfast, head to the stables to get the horses ready for your ride. You are expected to look after your horse, an efficient team of grooms is always on hand to help out. Beginners will be looked after and showed how to groom and tack up a horse.
You can decide to take a riding lesson (lessons are tailored depending on your riding abilities) or head out on a trek through the countryside. Lunch at the ranch. In the afternoon, a 2-3h trek is your opportunity to explore the surrounding area.
The programme can be changed according to your wishes and riding abilities. It is a very flexible riding holiday, ideal for families and groups of friends.
Day 3 3 - ON THE RANCH - 4-5 hours ridingRANCHIn the morning, another riding session in the big outdoor arena will give novice riders the opportunity to start feeling more comfortable in the saddle. More experienced riders can enjoy dressage or jumping lessons.
After lunch, you will go on another trek. Today you might have a beach day: ride up to the coast for an exhilarating gallop along the beach, or ride across the sandy dunes. In the evening, maybe you'd like to treat yourself to a henna tattoo (c. £4) before dinner!
Day 4 4 - ON THE RANCH - 4-5 hours ridingRANCHIn the morning, you may choose to train some more in the arena or go for a trek. This afternoon, we suggest riding to Sidi Bou Lfdail along the Atlantic, where the rugged coast offer beautiful views over the cliffs.
Day 5 5 - ON THE RANCH - 4-5 hours ridingRANCHLessons and/or treks are planned for today. Our guides will be happy to take you for a relaxing ride through the rolling landscape of the back country, getting closer to the Anti Atlas mountains. You may prefer to ride to the beach and enjoy the cool water of the Ocean!
Day 6 6 - ON THE RANCH - 4-5 hours ridingRANCHAgain, the team is at your disposal to organise a flexible programme depending on what you prefer to do. Make sure to ask for options!
Day 7 7 - ON THE RANCH - 4-5 hours ridingRANCHYour last day on horseback. You might want to go for another beach ride or ride to the foot of the Anti-Atlas. Tonight, before dinner, why not enjoy a relaxing message and spa treatment? An excursion to the Mirleft souks can also be organised (payable locally).
Day 8 8 - RANCH - AGADIR - FLIGHT HOMEAfter breakfast, transfer to Agadir airport for your flight back home.
Dates & prices
- There is no single supplement if you are willing to share a room with another guest of the same sex. To guarantee your own room there is a single supplement of £90.
- Dates are flexible and you can arrive/depart on any day and stay for as long as you like. This holiday will confirm for one person and all departures are guaranteed.
- Rates are based on a full-day riding. We can also offer a half-day riding pricing, starting at £630 for 6 days riding. Please contact us for details.
- Transfers to and from Agadir airport are included in the listed price.
- Non-rider rate is £295 (+£105 single room supplement)
- Families - children of 9 or younger can benefit from a special programme, for instance:
- 5-7/8 yo: 45 min vaulting + 30 short ride outside
- 7/8 yo: 1h lesson + 1h trek
- Massages and treatments are available on-site, and payable locally.
- Rider weight limit: 80 kg / 12.6 stone / 176 lbs. Depending on the selected programme this may be flexible, please contact us.
The itinerary may be modified at anytime for security reasons, meteorological or events beyond our control such as blocked roads, rivers in flood, drought, strikes and local holidays. Equus Journeys, our local partners and their local guides will always strive to find the best solution and will alter the itinerary as needed.
The names of the hotels and accommodation are given for information only and depending on availability, they may be modified without notice and replaced by another of a similar standard.
1 horse equipped with saddle and bridle per rider
1 vehicle and driver
Price doesn't include
January - February 2020
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 25/01/2020 01/02/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 01/02/2020 08/02/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 08/02/2020 15/02/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 15/02/2020 22/02/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 22/02/2020 29/02/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 29/02/2020 07/03/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now
March - April 2020
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 07/03/2020 14/03/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 14/03/2020 21/03/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 21/03/2020 28/03/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 28/03/2020 04/04/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 04/04/2020 11/04/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 11/04/2020 18/04/2020 £720 Full 18/04/2020 25/04/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 25/04/2020 02/05/2020 £720 Full
May - June 2020
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 02/05/2020 09/05/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 09/05/2020 16/05/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 16/05/2020 23/05/2020 £720 Full 23/05/2020 30/05/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 30/05/2020 06/06/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 06/06/2020 13/06/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 13/06/2020 20/06/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 20/06/2020 27/06/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 27/06/2020 04/07/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now
July - August 2020
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 04/07/2020 11/07/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 11/07/2020 18/07/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 18/07/2020 25/07/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 25/07/2020 01/08/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 01/08/2020 08/08/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 08/08/2020 15/08/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 15/08/2020 22/08/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 22/08/2020 29/08/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 29/08/2020 05/09/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now
September - October 2020
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 05/09/2020 12/09/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 12/09/2020 19/09/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 19/09/2020 26/09/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 26/09/2020 03/10/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 03/10/2020 10/10/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 10/10/2020 17/10/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 17/10/2020 24/10/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 24/10/2020 31/10/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 31/10/2020 07/11/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now
November - December 2020
Departure Return Price without flights Price including flights Status 07/11/2020 14/11/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 14/11/2020 21/11/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 21/11/2020 28/11/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 28/11/2020 05/12/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 05/12/2020 12/12/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 12/12/2020 19/12/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 19/12/2020 26/12/2020 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now 26/12/2020 02/01/2021 £720 Guaranteed departure Book now
Minimum riding ability
Minimum riding ability
Rider weight limit: 80 kg / 12.6 stone / 176 lbs. Depending on the selected programme this may be flexible, please contact us.
Rides out are mostly done at the walk, with good trots and canters whenever the terrain allows it.
Tacking ability and participation
Trip conditions and Requested experience
We recommend our riders to wear a helmet to the correct standard and you should bring your own to ensure a proper fit.
There are 8 comfortable rooms, all en-suites with a private rooftop. Private, twin and triple rooms are available.
Limited wifi connection available.
The ranch does not have a license to serve alcohol.
Guide and local team
Youssef, Mohamed and Aziz accompany the rides, and are always quick to smile and share a joke with their guests. Youssef is also an excellent farrier.
- Helmets are mandatory. Equus Journeys strongly recommend that you take your own to ensure a correct fit.
- Sunhat for when not riding
- Sunglasses - with a cord attached so they don't fly off when riding
- Buff or bandana to ride the sometimes dusty trails
- Long sleeved shirts provide protection from the sun and dust
- Fleece, jumper or jacket - the evenings can be cold in the winter
- Waterproof jacket - the rains can be difficult to foresee and it's better to be prepared. Layering is key to cope with the fluctuations in temperature between day and night
- Casual clothes for the evening
- Lightweight, comfortable riding trousers or jodhpurs - we recommend riding in them at home before taking them on holiday to ensure they don't rub
- Shorts for lazy lunchtimes
- Casual clothes for the evening
Hands and Feet
- Comfortable riding boots. We recommend short boots with half chaps as long chaps/long boots can get very hot.
- Sandals, flip-flops or trainers for when not riding
- Gloves - your hands are particularly exposed to the sun whilst riding
- Please don't take a hard sided suitcase if possible as a soft sided one is easier for the team to handle.
- A bumbag might be useful to bring a small bottle of water, camera, lip balm or suncream during the ride.
- We recommend travelling in your riding boots and carrying your hat and some riding clothes in your hand luggage - then if your luggage goes astray you are still able to ride!
Other useful items
- Water bottle (1.5 litre or two x 1 litre)
- Camera and high capacity memory card. Spare battery
- Headtorch or small torch for moving around at night
In your luggage
- Any liquids, such as shampoo, moisturiser, deodorant unless they are less than 100ml and all bottles can fit in a small, clear, plastic ziplock bag.
- Small penknife
In your hand luggage
- Any valuables, such as your camera, ipod, ipad etc.
- Your riding hat
- Sunscreen and lip balm - must be high factor
- Insect repellent
- Any medication you regularly take
- Blister plasters in case of any rubs
- Antiseptic cream, plasters, aspirin, anti-histamine, insect-bite salve etc...
- Spare prescription glasses/contact lenses
- Ear plugs, particularly if you are a light sleeper
Visa & Health
We will endeavour to keep this section up to date, but please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/morocco.html (US citizens) or https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/morocco/entry-requirements (UK citizens) for further information.
To enter Morocco, a passport valid for the duration of your stay is required by all British, American, Canadian and EU nationals. However, the Moroccan Consulate General in London advise that your passport should be valid for at least 3 months on your date of entry to Morocco. If your passport does not meet this requirement you may face difficulties and you should check with the Moroccan authorities and your travel provider before travelling.
You should ensure that your passport is stamped when you enter the country. Some tourists have experienced difficulties leaving the country because their passport bears no entry stamp. Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay in Morocco. No additional period of validity beyond this is required.
Visas are not required by British, American, Canadian and EU nationals for stays in Morocco of up to three months.
Addresses of consulates
- Paris | Ambassade du Maroc
5, rue Le Tasse
Tél. : 01.45.20.69.35
- Ambassade de France au Maroc
1 rue Aguelmane Sidi Ali Agdal BP 602
Rabat - Chellah
Tél. : +212 5 37 27 66 00
Fax : +212 5 37 27 67 11
- Moroccan Consulate
97-99 Praed Street, Paddington
W2 1NT London
Tél. : +44 020 7724 0624
Malaria is very rare and present only in a few remote areas. Don't underestimate this tropical disease and take precautions. Buy repellent (preferably with 50% DEET), and sleep under a net.
Budget and money
• Banknotes 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 dirham
• Coins 1, 5, 10, 20 santimat; ½, 1, 2, 5, and 10 dirham
Telephone and jetlag
Roaming agreements exist with international mobile phone companies. Coverage is good in towns and cities, and across the west of Morocco, but a little more erratic east and further south.
Time zone: GMT
Did you know?
Did you know?
Stallions and mares in Morocco.
Traditionally, only the Barb stallions should be ridden, while the mares are reserved to the studs.
Not many male horses are castrated in Morocco, in line with local tradition. However, our Moroccan Ranch is also aware not every rider can or should ride stallions, and instead has a lovely selection of geldings and mares for you to ride!